Asking for and accepting PASS cards is due diligence. Remember to follow the five step checking process.
FIVE STEP CHECKING PROCESS
Follow these simple 5 steps to make sure you avoid making an underage sale:
- Check the PASS hologram. Is it genuine (as shown on sample/training cards)?
- Check the photograph. Does it match the person in front of you?
- Check the date of birth. Is the person old enough?
- Check the card. Has it been tampered with?
- Check the person. Are you satisfied about the person’s age? If not, refuse to sell.
Materials illustrating the 5 step checking process are available under Downloads for Retailers on the PASS website, www.pass-scheme.org.uk/downloads/